The Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law (FIREL) at the University of North Texas, Ryan College of Business invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Real Estate, starting Fall 2021. The FIREL department currently supports a BBA in Real Estate and a BBA in Real Estate with a concentration in Residential Property Management. The department is well connected with the Real Estate industry in the DFW and Texas region, has a good record of student placement and guest speakers, and an active Real Estate student club.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to effective teaching, research and preparing students for professional success in a multicultural business environment.
Duties will comprise of a balance of teaching, research and service, including the following:
• Teach property management and other real estate courses;
• Conduct high quality research and publish in high quality peer-reviewed discipline-related journals;
• Participate in department, college and university service;
• Serve as the department liaison with the Texas Apartment Association and coordinate guest speakers, internships, jobs, student events, property management courses etc.;
• Engage with the real estate industry and assist students with procuring internships and job placement upon graduation.
• Doctoral degree from AACSB accredited institution in real estate, finance or closely related field by August 2021;
• Status as academically qualified, under both SACS and AACSB standards, to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Record of effective teaching of college level real estate courses;
• Experience teaching commercial real estate and property management courses;
• Experience teaching remote, online or hybrid courses;
• Record of peer-reviewed presentations at major academic real estate conferences and high quality peer-reviewed discipline-specific publications appropriate for an R1 research university;
• Real estate industry experience.
Applicant documents Required: Curriculum vitae, cover letter, names and contact information of three references, and sample research publications.
For application consideration, please visit https://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/43794 and apply through the system. The search committee chair is Professor Yingchun Liu (email@example.com).
UNT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.