Call for Papers
Cities: Challenges and Triumphs in the 21st Century
The Eastern Economic Journal (https://link.springer.com/journal/41302) will sponsor one or more sessions at the 2019 Eastern Economic Association conference (https://www.ramapo.edu/eea/) in New York City (February 28-March 3, 2019) around the theme of “Cities: Challenges and Triumphs in the 21st Century” to coincide with Professor Edward Glaeser’s EEA Presidential Address on the topic.
We are interested in theoretical and/or applied research papers that address important aspects of Urban Economics. Topics include, but are not limited, to:
· -Cities and entrepreneurship
· -Urban growth in developed or developing countries
· -Housing supply and housing prices
· - Land use and land use regulations
· -Big Data methods in Urban Economics
· -Climate change and cities
· -Urban transportation
· -Social and human capital in cities
· -The sharing economy and cities
· -Inequality and poverty in cities
· - Happiness and well-being in cities
For consideration, please submit an abstract or completed paper by December 1, 2018 via the submission form at: https://goo.gl/forms/ljFUggZwuLPjGPPp2. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by December 15th.
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be considered for a special issue of the Eastern Economic Journal, which will also include Professor Edward Glaeser’s EEA Presidential Address. Papers submitted for the symposium will be reviewed in an expedited fashion following the journal’s review policy.
Questions about this Call for Papers or about the special issue in the Eastern Economic Journal should be directed to Jason Barr (email@example.com).