Childress Klein Distinguished Professor of Real Estate and Urban Economics
The Belk College of Business at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking a distinguished academic to fill a tenured position as the Childress Klein Professor of Real Estate and Urban Economics. The appointee shall have experience and credentials as a teacher and scholar commensurate with the rank of full or associate professor in the Belk College of Business. In the instance where the candidate is hired as an associate professor, the title of “Childress Klein Scholar of Real Estate and Urban Economics” will be used.
• Ph.D. in one of the following areas: real estate, finance, economics or a closely related field from an accredited university;
• Record of sustained scholarship and international reputation commensurate with appointment to an endowed professorship;
• Teaching and research interests in one or more of the following areas: real estate, finance, or urban economics;
• Demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and executive levels;
• Strong communication and relationship-building skills with students, faculty, alumni, and the local business community; and,
• Ability and willingness to represent the Belk College to the Charlotte regional business community. Teaching load and salary will be competitive with such positions at research universities.
Start date is August 2018. Informal inquiries may be directed to Professor Richard Buttimer at Buttimer@uncc.edu.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, members of minority groups, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants are subject to a criminal background check. Preliminary interviews will be held at the American Real Estate and Urban Economics (AREUEA) Annual Meeting in Philadelphia in Jan 2018.
Apply electronically at http://jobs.uncc.edu.
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please attach a letter of application and vita with your electronic submission. Finalists will be asked to forward official transcripts, letters of reference, and other supportive documents as requested by the search committee. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.